Saturday 15 September 2018

Northern Italian Monumental Cemeteries

In 1974 I was appointed a lecturer in the Department of General Studies at Hertfordshire College of Building. One of my roles was to teach photography, as part of the General Studies programme, as well as the History of Building and Industrial Studies. All these photographs were developed and printed by myself, using mostly Agfa matte paper, with a few in metallic finishes. The photographs were taken In Kensal Green, London; Père Lachaise, Paris; Milan's Cimitero Monumentale, Monza, Venice and Trieste. The tombs were Protestant, Catholic, Greek Orthodox, Serbian Orthodox and Jewish. I have copied these photographs using my iPhone. These photographs were taken nearly fifty years ago, and the freedom of access I then had no longer exists. There is a photograph of my grandmother's grave at Monza, and also of my great great great grandfather's grave in Milan's Jewish section of the Cimitero Monumentale.






















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment